Sunday, May 15, 2011

May 14, 2011-Jasper


Jasper is having a hard time lately. There's been a vibrating noise coming from somewhere outside. Sounds almost like a sump pump. It runs 24 hours a day. The vibration can be felt in my apartment through the cement slab under my feet and the sound drives me crazy at times. Jasper hears through vibrations and this is really bothering her. She won't stay in her water at all. Maybe for an hour in the mornings when the vibration seems less. This has been going on for three months. She hasn't eaten in that long either and I'm very afraid that she will die. She is very restless. Here she is walking around the apartment and goes under the recliner chair. Sometimes she might sleep for the night under there. Right now she's in my bedroom on top of a pair of slippers. She hasn't been in the water at all. I will put her in it in the morning. Just so she can get wet and drink if she wants to. When she wants to go back in the water she will go in the bathroom and wait by the tub. But that was before all this started. Now I have to put her in even if she don't want to.
I haven't heard from the girl that was going to take her. She got laid off here. I think I will contact her though and ask if she wants to still take Jasper. Otherwise she might die.
Jasper looks healthy but you can't tell with turtles. They could be sick and you can't tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment